In France, tourism increases throughout the summer. July is a great month for experiencing numerous activities, particularly if you center your trip around Bastille Day. This French national holiday is much like Independence Day in the United States. Parades and fireworks fill the day throughout the country. If you’re planning for a vacation to France in July, you might want to consider adding some of these great Paris tours and festivities to your “Must See” list.
· Bastille Day – Don’t miss out on this celebration. The epicenter of all activity is in Paris. A huge military parade takes over the streets of the Champs Elysees. Huge dancing parties are thrown in the local fire stations. Plus, it’s been said that the best viewing spot for the evening’s fireworks is in front of the Eiffel Tower, one of the iconic France tourism spots. But, if joining large crowds isn’t your idea of fun, fireworks can be seen from numerous locations throughout the city, including one of the bridges crossing the Siene River.
· Tour de France – While this cycling event is only in Paris for one day, many of the stages of this famous race are within reasonable travelling distance. The Tour spans three weeks in July and visits many beautiful cities along the way.
· Paris Plage – Traditionally, many French residents have headed to the sandy shores of the beaches during the summer months. Recognizing that not everyone could leave Paris, the city started this festival in 2002. Beginning at the end of July, numerous streets are blocked off and sand, palm trees, and sun umbrellas are imported along the banks of the Siene.
· Shopping – If you like to shop and are particularly interested in French fashions, you might want to time this portion of your Paris tour with the summer sales. Unlike the U.S., sales only occur two times a year in France. The summer sale generally begins at the end of June and continues for about a six week period. So, pack some extra luggage and make sure to check out all of the latest fashion trends!
· Museums – No Paris tour would be complete without a visit to the Louvre. This beautiful museum can be enjoyed free of charge on July 14th, in honor of Bastille Day! Arts and culture abound in Paris and there are many museums, festivals, art shows, and other fabulous venues to explore during your visit.
In France, tourism peaks during the summer months. But, don’t let that discourage you from taking your dream vacation! The beautiful weather allows for all kinds of festivals, parades, and outdoor fun. Paris tours can be the way to maximize your experience. Contact us today to schedule a traditional tour package or borrow our expertise to combine our Paris tours into your own custom journey.
Leave a Reply.
BastilleDay.com is the premier source of information about July 14th, France's national celebration.